Picture
Sooooo….everyone knows ME. I would say its HIGH TIME they know my best friend, Sarah Mitchell. She’s so cool. If you knew her you would agree that she is definitely cooler than me. We have been best friends for 12 years, since we were freshmen in high school. She has been in many bands and is in a new one now and she is a model too. Busy girl! She is also the one who introduced me to Chris.  Their bands played a show together and she thought that I would like him.  Guess that means she is smart or psychic TOO! In high school, we went on a trip to Disney World together with choir and band.  We roomed together and had the best time.  That was the only time we went on vacation together until our recent trip to LA.  Blast again!  Right after my accident my mom said she was at the hospital all the time.  While I was still in the coma she was one of my friends that would come to the hospital all the time and talk to me and sit with me to wait for me to "wake up".  Then when I sort of did, she kept coming and would talk to me and hope I would remember and recover.  She would rub my feet and exercise my legs and also do my nails and hair and just basically, be around for whatever came up.  Then when I came home she was here a lot too and learned how to walk me and learned how to understand me when I talk, which, (yeah I get it everyone), its HARD to do!  Now she lives in Chicago so we don’t hang out as much but we still try to get together every couple of weeks for lunch or dinner or at least coffee. She gets along great with everyone in my family and probably considers them all her friends too.  I guess that is just what happens with best friends.  I mean this girl really has been through everything with me! Have you ever been lucky enough to have a best friend who has stuck with you through a life altering event?

Comments

Giorgia Peach
09/08/2013 9:35pm

Love you AND Sarah!! Glad you wrote a blog and dedicated it to her!

clau
09/26/2013 9:48am

I dont think I am lucky to have a friend like that. To be honest I never been in a situation to prove that

Kim Gotz
09/08/2013 9:43pm

Yes I do have a friend like that and they are so hard to come by!!! You are so lucky to have her.... I will say she is just as cool as you are and that is pretty darn cool!!!!!! Have a great week..... Love your blogs!!!!

jeannie
09/08/2013 9:44pm

What a special friendship you guys have!!!!! I have so many special friendships now because of u!!!!!

Juliana
09/11/2013 1:42pm

because of ME?really??I didnt know THAT.

Ellyn
09/08/2013 9:53pm

I'm so happy you wrote a blog about BEAUTIFUL Sarah! She is as AWESOME as you are! I have a friend Susan who is just like Sarah! Susan knew me as "Normal" Ok, I was never really normal! :-) Susan drove me to the hospital as I was getting very sick, and she was at the hospital all the time, stayed with my kids, and when I had to leave Kansas City to come back home to Chicago I was devastated! We talk all the time, and her daughter lives in Chicago now so Susan comes to see me every year! You will have that SPECIAL friendship with Sarah forever! I too, have many new special friends because of you so I thank you Sweetheart!

Leda
09/08/2013 10:01pm

I met Sarah for the very first time at Bourbon Street at your benefit, Celia and I talked with her for about 20 minutes and we were both so drawn to what a beautiful person she was both inside and out. She was easy to talk to and it was obvious how much she loved you (her best friend}. There were so many people there that night that although she made a great impression on us, we doubted that she would ever remember who we were. Then months later Celia and I attended Oak Fest to watch Chris perform and Sarah was there. Before we could walk up close enough to say "hello" Sarah recognized us and called us out by name. She greeted us with a huge smile and kind words. We were blown away by the fact that after meeting thousands of people at the benefit, she remembered us and by name on top of it! She truly is an amazing and lovely lady. You are both so very lucky to have the friendship that you share. I can see why you two have been the best of friends for so long because something so special doesn't happen by chance! Much love to you both!

Leda and Celia)

Giorgia
09/08/2013 11:32pm

Love this!! Sarah is a great friend!!

pat westergren
09/08/2013 10:19pm

This is such a nice blog about you and Sarah. She truly is a great bff. I have a friend who has stuck by me thru thick and thin. I call her my soul sister. She has done so much for me for over 40 years. Even though we have different lives, (she moved to Florida 4 years ago), her friendship still means the world to me. And when we are together, I just love spending time with her.

Juliana
09/10/2013 5:15pm

I can never figure out if thisis Erica's mom?

Sarah
09/10/2013 10:10pm

Haha Juli what?? It says her name right there!!

Juliana
09/11/2013 3:41pm

BUT,smart-alick,it DOESNT say Patty!sorry for calling you a smart-allick

Sarah
09/14/2013 7:34pm

Haha okay I forgive you for calling me a smart-aleck. I was being one anyway.

Jen
09/08/2013 10:20pm

Juli, I am so glad that Sarah is apart of your life. Good friends like can be hard to come by sometimes and not everyone in life is lucky to have a super good friend that has been there for many years through the good times and the bad. I have been fortunate enough to have a few good friends that have been there for me through thick and thin and for many years and through some of the worst times and some of the best times in my life. You guys are friends for life. No questions asked!

Juliana
09/14/2013 2:45pm

NOW,as if I don't know who anyone is,is THIS Jen Fernandez?

Tsering Lhamo
09/08/2013 10:31pm

Hi Juli, thanks for introducing your best friend Sarah.. She looks beautiful and is beautiful inside too. You both are very lucky to have each other as best friends.. Keep rocking!
XX

Krista Attreau
09/08/2013 10:35pm

Yeah for best friends! What would we do without them? I was not blessed with being given a blood sister, but I, too, have a friend who has been with me since we were 9 years old. She is my Sister from a different Mister.

Sarah is beautiful inside and out. I love seeing her at all things Chris & Juli, too.

Juliana
09/15/2013 6:56pm

yeah,shes really,really supportive of me and Chris and I meant to say that a couple of months ago,she wrote this song about me and it just toched my heart!

Lori
09/08/2013 10:43pm

You are so right. Sarah is an amazing person. I had lunch with her over the summer and we had a great time. It had been along time since we'd seen each other. You girls are lucky to have each other. I have a couple of friends like that myself - the kind you have so much fun with and also see you through the tough times. Girlfriends are the best!!!

Didrick
09/09/2013 1:52am

Sarah sounds like an amazing best friend, and people like her are crucial to have around when one has been through obstacles such as the ones you've experienced. I may never have had a lot of friends (much due to being too shy, although I've become less shy and more confident through the years), but I can always count on my family for being there for me 100% no matter what happens to me. I grew up with two neighbour kids, a boy and a girl very close in age to me and back then the three of us were best friends hanging out all the time but as we grew up, sadly we also grew apart due to school, work, getting families of their own etc. So today my family members are my closest friends and I know I can count on them no matter what happens. Definitely enjoyed reading this blog post Juli, looking forward to the next one! :)

Beza
09/09/2013 2:02am

Amazing SARAH!!! What a friend you have there Juliana?! God bless you Both!! Luv!

Liv
09/09/2013 2:21am

My best friend in life is my husband. We have
been married for 22 years now. Most of this
time I been sick, but he has never complain
ore wanted to leave. That's love! Then I have
The Best Friend ever in my heart. He is the
most faithful friend that exist.

Amanda
09/09/2013 4:21am

I have many friends but no one like Sarah. You are lucky to have her as a friend. =)

Marta
09/09/2013 8:25am

I really love your story.. and what happened to you was an excellent oportunity to Sarah show you the most pure friendship way :) It's not happened as much as we want nowadays, but i'm so glad that you can have a real friend :)

Charlene
09/09/2013 10:39am

I have to agree on this!!! She has been very kind to me too!
Great blog Juli!!!

cheyenne
09/09/2013 10:43am

aw i love this!!! i love your friends who stuck around and care about your recovery.. so many of them!! you really are blessed to have such great people in your life! i have a friend that stuck through a life altering event! kyrstin! most people didnt know how to help any of us when you got in you accident because we were all just so sad but i definately appreciate all the people who put thier feelings aside and just wanted to be there for us! im glad you have sarah!

taco
09/09/2013 10:55am

yes i did. we was friends for 24 years. she has been gone now for two years : ( she passed away. she was in a wheel chair and was paralized...i helped her with everything you could imagine and did it with no qudstions asked. i love her and miss her so much. she was my best friend.

Sandy
09/09/2013 1:30pm

I'm lucky enough to have a best friend too! Her name is Kathy and we have been friends for 30 years!! We actually met on the Rock Island train!! Together we have gone through 2 marriages, 2 divorces, 3 kids (who are now teens), the death of two parents, cancer, pulmonary embolisms, and I must not forget numerous boyfriends along the way (we did meet when we were 19). There's something really special about having a friend who you know WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!!! I'm happy you have found that in Sarah.

Linda Haskins
09/09/2013 9:48pm

Juliana , you are so incredibly blessed !! What a great friend , a great family and to have a man that loves you the way he does ! You did such a great job on this blog . My best friend is my husband . We met when I was 16 and he was 17 . We got married when I was 17 and he was 18 we became the parents of a son shortly after that . It was hard , alot of ups and downs . Our 2cd son was born a little over 2 years after that . He had a heart condition and died when he was 20 . So you can see we have been together and there for eachother in the best and worst of times .

anne
09/28/2013 12:19am

Linda, for the first 3 sentences I had a smile reading your love story. Then I got to the part where your son died at age 20. I am so very sorry to hear of his loss. Our family lost a beloved 20 year old boy, our nephew. It is brutal to go through and to watch your family go through.
I am happy to hear that your beautiful love story allowed you to support each other through your loss. Many couples do not make it through the loss of a child. I am glad to hear that you have and I hope joy still finds you every day of your life.

Rolando
09/10/2013 4:32am

That really is so special which is, yeah, very hard to come by. Here's hoping that I would do too ... :) ... Keep recovering Juliana and God bless!

melodie
09/10/2013 9:14am

hey Juliana i got a best friend , she is the kind of friend that would do anything for me , i went true hell one time , oh my god, if i didn't have her in my life not shure where my life or what my life would be right now !! she is strong to put up with me , and and the things i do wrong sometime's , but i would do the same for her , well not exactly the same cause she has a way bigger heart then mine, but i tell her thank you every day !! xx i really like your blog and so cool that sarah mitchell present you to chris , im glad she did the perfect man and you are the perfect girl for him !! xx we talk soon Juli

Sarah
09/10/2013 9:52am

Juli!!! Ahh! Where do I even begin! Thanks for making me feel so special and important bff. Although I definitely don't think I'm COOLER than you! This blog kinda reminds me of the "reassurance" notes we used to write each other way back in the day where we just told each other how much we loved and appreciated each other and why. We still got it, yeah!

Everyone else, thanks for the kind comments! I definitely want to stress that I shouldn't get any praise just for "sticking by" Juli though...she's such an amazing person and friend and she always has been. You ever have the kind of friend that you just know would help you hide the body? Someone who you know without a doubt will always have your back, no matter how f***ed up you are? Someone who would put her own safety or reputation on the line to stick up for you? That's Juli. That's why I am so incredibly lucky to have her consider ME her best friend!

Here's another example of what an awesome friend she is:

Some of you may have already seen this. It's a flip book she made me for my 16th birthday. I made it into a video a couple years ago just so I could ensure I'd have it forever.

YAY FOR JULI, THE BEST GIRL IN THE WORLD!!!

Juliana
09/10/2013 11:37am

oh YEEAH:I was gonna say she always commnts on here!too late!!

Ellyn
09/11/2013 9:19am

Sarah you ROCK and Juli, thanks for always making me laugh out loud!

anne
09/28/2013 12:27am

I just watched the flip book video. It is sweeter than chocolate cake! I am so glad you have each other. I am also glad you knew to treasure this gift because when we are 16 we are not always making the smartest choices. How precious that is to still have. Juliana, I bet way back when you made this, you could never imagine the outcome. It has brought a smile to many people now! Great job!

Mike
09/12/2013 7:28pm

Sarah is such a cool friend, I'm so glad she is also my friend! She is way better than Steve!

Juliana
09/12/2013 9:26pm

Mike,youre so lucky Sarah is your friend but Steve is likeyour best friend so just shush about him

Juliana
09/17/2013 5:23pm

nevemind!!II now know he IS your best friend!so there!and dont talk crap about your best friend whosmy friend too!

Sarah
09/14/2013 7:35pm

Yeah but I am way better though.

Juiana
09/28/2013 6:48pm

true.but Mike needs to stop always talkingcrpabout Steve.ESPECIALLY now that hecalls him his bet friend

oii linda, querreira, eu gostaria de te desejar toda felicidade do mundo, e parabeniza-la pelo companheiro tao dedicado que vc tem...só tenho uma dúvida, vcs tem filhos? vc pode ter um dia? sou do rio de janeiro, cidade de volta redonda e adoro as musicas do chris!! milhoes de beijos!!!